We are a local family owned business that offers holistic and natural food for your dog and cat. Feel free to fill out a contact form for a nutritional consultation or stop in the store and set up an appointment today.
Our store supports local dog and cat rescues through monetary donations, food donations, and adoption events. Please visit the local groups we support by visiting our resources page, and consider helping animals in need today!!
Sign up and you are on your way to earning 5% off. The Rewards program also gives us the availability to look up what you have purchased and keep track of your Frequent Buyer Program. Ask us how you can start saving today!
Skin Care and Supplements
Grain Free Options for Cat Food
Expanded Cat Food Selection
Proudly Carry Acana & Orijen
Fromm Family Dog and Cat Food
Holistic and Natural Dog Food
Nature's Variety Raw Food
Burt's Bees for Pets
All Natural Pet Chews – No Rawhide Here
Triangle Location Convenient to Cary, Raleigh, Apex, Holly Springs
5 Wonderful Benefits for Senior Pet Owners
Posted on May 19, 2016 by Paws In The City
May is Older Americans Month! At Paws in the City, our team is excited about the benefits senior adults and pets alike enjoy from being with each other. We recognize that pets are therapeutic for many people; and most everyone, particularly senior adults, can be beneficial for these animals as well. Paws in the City in Cary, NC, offers many helpful resources for finding and training a new pet, to ensure that seniors and pets alike will get all they can from their healthy relationship.
Paws in the City offers these outstanding and wonderful advantages for senior adults who own pets:
- Stress reduction: Dogs and cats do not have a sense of time. They truly live for the moment. For a senior adult, focusing on the present reduces the stress of worrying about what will happen tomorrow. In addition, the simple act of petting a dog or cat can often provide a calming effect, reducing anxiety. Life is simple more fun with animals around.
- Increased exercise: Being fit with a purpose is always a big positive for our active seniors. Walking a dog can help older adults become more active. Exercise, particularly walking, help to improve and maintain good health. And animals get a lot from the walks too!
- The feeling of being needed: Senior adults can become depressed and lonely and often are by themselves. A pet provides both companionship and a renewed sense that someone needs them. Their loving companionship comforts both senior adults and their pets.
Pets thrive from their relationships with senior adults too! When taken care of by a senior adult, a pet will enjoy:
- Focused attention: Senior adults tend to have more time to spend with their pets. Since most are retired, they can focus their attention on their new family member. Rescue pets, especially, thrive when placed with someone who can be with them, and pay attention to them, all day!
- Healthy eating habits: Pets benefits greatly from a set and predictable eating schedule. Our wide selection of holistic and natural food will ensure those meals are even healthier.
Check out our helpful Resources to learn more about options for senior adults and other “golden-agers” who want to adopt a rescue pet and to learn more about pet care and training. Then, stop by and see our wide selection of food, supplements, treats, and other items, all made with healthy pets in mind! We are open seven days a week and are conveniently located in the Tryon Village shopping center.
This blog post about pet care and nutrition is brought to you by Paws in the City, located in Tryon Village, Cary North Carolina. We are your locally owned small business that offers holistic and natural foods and treats for your cat and dog. Sign up for our Loyalty/ Rewards Program and feel free to contact us at any time.
1105 Tryon Village Drive
Cary NC, 27518
919 851 5853
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Write a review on the good things we do on yelp!
Photo: alex_ugalek, freedigitalphotos.net